Monday, July 1 – Friday, July 5, 2024
Registration will begin March 1.
- Lots of lessons and electives led by experienced and innovative singing school teachers
- Fellowship and fun with singers from 20+ states plus foreign countries
- Fun recreation options and time to hang out with singing friends
- Class singing sessions because this is what Sacred Harp singing is all about
- Bunkhouses and open cabins for youth and adults who choose to stay onsite at Camp Lee
- Option for adults for offsite hotel lodging of your choosing at your own expense
- Lemonade making and watermelon social on last full day of Camp
- Time for relaxation and rejuvenation in a beautiful nature setting
- Attend special Revision singing before Camp on June 30 to sing finalist songs
- Attend traditional southern Sacred Harp singings the weekend after Camp
- YOUTH (to age 18): $250 – Camp Lee (bunk lodging)
($200 each for multiple youth campers per family)
- YOUNG ADULT (age 19-39): $250 – Camp Lee (bunk lodging)
- ADULT (age 40+): $350 – Camp Lee (bunk lodging)
- ADULT (age 40+): $250 – Offsite lodging of choice at your expense
Camp Fasola Europe 2024
Camp Fasola Europe will not be held in 2024. We hope to return to Chmielno, Poland for future sessions in the coming years.
About Camp Fasola
Camp Fasola is a summer camp that provides an immersive experience for learning Sacred Harp shape note singing, history, and traditions. Multiple daily sessions are devoted to teaching Sacred Harp singing as well as times for singing, fellowship, and recreation. This experience provides a casual environment for learning and singing this unique American a cappella music form, which has its roots in early America. Campers are involved in practical experiences to support camp operation just like at all day singings.
Camp Fasola is open to youth and adults with instruction provided for both beginning and experienced singers. Multiple tracks of classes suited to different experience levels are taught each of the three full days of camp. Traditional summer camp activities focused on building and extending friendships of singers are provided. The final camp night features a community singing event in which non-campers from the broader Sacred Harp community gather to sing with the campers.
The five day/four night camp was founded in 2003 and was held annually 2003–2019 and 2023 with more than 3,000 campers participating. Two U.S. sessions per summer were held 2008–2019. Camp Fasola Europe was held in Poland in even numbered years 2012–2018. Camp Fasola has received national recognition as a highly effective traditional singing school project for the purpose of preserving and perpetuating Sacred Harp singing for future generations of singers. Camp Fasola is also great fun!
The Sacred Harp Musical Heritage Association (SHMHA), a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization whose purpose is the preservation and perpetuation of Sacred Harp singing, sponsors and conducts Camp Fasola.