Monday, July 3 – Friday, July 7, 2023
- YOUTH $250 – Camp Lee (Bunk Lodging) ($200 each for multiple youth campers per family)
- YOUTH $100 – Commuter/Own Lodging w/ Parent
- ADULT $600 – Offsite Hotel Single Occupancy (King Bed)
- ADULT $500 – Offsite Hotel Double Occupancy (2 Queen Beds)
- ADULT $250 – Camp Lee (Bunk Lodging)
- ADULT $200 – Commuter/Provides Own Lodging
Adult Camp and Youth Camp will be held at Camp Lee in the same week!
- Lots of lessons and electives led by experienced and innovative singing school teachers
- Fellowship and fun with singers from 20+ states plus foreign countries
- Fun recreation options and time to hang out with singing friends
- Class singing sessions because this is what Sacred Harp singing is all about
- Revision Town Hall with members of the Revision-Music Committee
- Special session for singing and recording songs submitted by composers for the revision
- Bunkhouses and open cabins for youth and adults who choose to stay onsite at Camp Lee
- Offsite hotel lodging for adults with option for single/double occupancy
- Lemonade making and watermelon social on last full day of Camp
- Time for relaxation and rejuvenation in a beautiful setting
- Attend traditional southern Sacred Harp singings both the weekend before and the weekend after Camp Fasola
The camp fee covers four nights air-conditioned lodging, meeting rooms, eleven meals, snacks, t-shirts, lessons, and activities. Camp fee for guests not participating in the Sacred Harp activities is an additional $200. Reservations are available on a first come, first served basis with a $50 deposit. We are unable to accommodate campers under age 10 without a parent/guardian who will be responsible for supervising them around the clock. Travel to/from camp is the responsibility of campers. More info: email email@example.com.
Camp Fasola Europe 2023
Camp Fasola Europe will not be held in 2023. We hope to return to Chmielno, Poland for future sessions in the coming years.
About Camp Fasola
Camp Fasola is a summer camp that provides an immersive experience for learning Sacred Harp shape note singing, history, and traditions. Multiple daily sessions are devoted to teaching Sacred Harp singing as well as times for singing, fellowship, and recreation. This experience provides a casual environment for learning and singing this unique American a cappella music form, which has its roots in early America. Campers are involved in practical experiences to support camp operation just like at all day singings.
Camp Fasola is open to youth and adults with instruction provided for both beginning and experienced singers. Multiple tracks of classes suited to different experience levels are taught each of the three full days of camp. Traditional summer camp activities focused on building and extending friendships of singers are provided. The final camp night features a community singing event in which non-campers from the broader Sacred Harp community gather to sing with the campers.
The five day/four night camp has been held annually since 2003 with more than 3,000 campers participating. Two sessions per summer have been held since 2008. Camp Fasola Europe has been held in Poland in even numbered years from 2012 through 2018. Camp Fasola has received national recognition as a highly effective traditional singing school project for the purpose of preserving and perpetuating Sacred Harp singing for future generations of singers. It is also great fun!
The Sacred Harp Musical Heritage Association (SHMHA), a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization whose purpose is the preservation and perpetuation of Sacred Harp singing, sponsors and conducts Camp Fasola.