Youth Camp • June 29-July 3, 2020 • The Vision • Huntsville, Alabama
Youth Camp Information
- 2020 Dates: Mon., June 29, 4 p.m. through Fri., July 3, 9 a.m.
- Location: The Vision Retreat and Conference Center, 187 Oscar Webster Rd SE, Huntsville, AL 35803.
- Fees: $250 (youth 18 and under) through May 31 ($200 each for multiple youth campers per family).
- Deposit: $50 due with registration. Final payment due May 31.
- Late Fee: Add $50 for final payment or registration after May 31.
- Register Online and Pay Fees with PayPal: Online Registration.
- Register by Mail and Pay Fees by Check: Download PDF registration form.
Youth Camp Details
The Youth Camp session is programmed with an emphasis for youth (singing school lessons, full recreation schedule, some singing elective classes).
Youth Camp sleeping accommodations are open lodge style with camp bunk beds (up to 20 per room) and community bathrooms. All the sleeping and meeting areas are air conditioned. Separate lodges are allocated for females and males. Linens are provided by The Vision.
Meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner are offered buffet-style in the camp dining hall. We also provide snacks in the mid-morning and mid-afternoon. (If you would like to bring treats such as drinks, cookies, brownies, fruit, chips, or other food for the snack times, we would appreciate it.)
Camp Fasola recreation includes swimming, hiking, canoeing, fishing (bring your own gear), crafts, climbing wall, archery, rappelling, and tomahawk throwing.
We will have a good selection of lessons and electives, so you will have at least three hours of singing school lessons per day plus some electives plus class singing each night. We will have sessions for all levels of experience from beginners through experienced singers.
Counselors will supervise camp activities for youth age 10–18. Parents/guardians or grandparents are responsible for accompanying and supervising children under age 10 at all times for all recreation, activities, meals, classes, and sleeping. Campers are asked to perform some area of service to support camp operation during the week.
All-day singings are held in the area on the weekends before and after Camp Fasola.
- Sat., June 27th—Salem United Methodist Church Singing—Near Cedar Bluff, Cherokee County, Alabama—9:30 a.m.—On Alabama Highway 9 between Cedar Bluff, Alabama and the Georgia state line—7 miles from Cedar Bluff and 1 mile from the Georgia line—Info: Henry Johnson
- Sat., June 27th—The Kermit and Steve Adams Memorial—Shady Grove Primitive Baptist Church, Winston County, Alabama
- Sun., June 28th—DeLong-Roberts Memorial Singing—Big Creek Primitive Baptist Church, 4490 State Bridge Way, Alpharetta, Georgia—10:00 a.m.—Exit GA400 N at exit 10—Go east for 2.6 miles—turn left at traffic light on to Kimbell Bridge Road (past Chick-fil-A)—take second left into parking lot—Info: Jesse Roberts
- Sun., June 28th—New Hope Church—Cullman County, Alabama—Five miles south of Jones Chapel off Hwy. 278, turn south onto County Road 940—Church is on the right
- Sun., June 28th—Mt. Lebanon Baptist Church—Fayette County, Alabama
- Sat., July 4th & Sun., 5th—Henagar-Union Convention—Liberty Church, DeKalb County, Alabama—Saturday 9:00 a.m. and Sunday 9:30 a.m.—1500 Liberty Road, Henagar, AL 35978—Info: David@DavidIvey.com
Transportation to Camp Fasola is the responsibility of campers. We will provide rides at designated times from and to the Huntsville International Airport (HSV) on Monday and Friday.
Check-in will be conducted between 4:00 and 6:00 p.m. on Monday. We request that you let us know if you will be arriving later. You will be issued your room assignment, three Camp Fasola T-Shirts (for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday), and the final camp schedule of events. Our first camp meal will be at 6:00 p.m. Please note that Alabama is in the Central Time Zone.
The main campus of The Vision is located at 187 Oscar Webster Road SE, Huntsville, AL 35803. Youth Camp will be held at The Vison’s “Legacy Camp.”
From U.S. 231 (Memorial Parkway) take Hobbs Island Road to Hegia Burrow Road. You will cross a set of railroad tracks and then pass the Huntsville Speedway. Turn left on Oscar Webster Road (at “The Vision”) sign and then after 1/10th of a mile take the gated entrance on your right. There are green and red “Welcome” and “Entrance” banners at this entrance. Watch for the Camp Fasola signs. (Do not go to the end of Oscar Webster Road.)
Following is a packing list of suggested items. Be sure to bring appropriate comfortable, casual clothing for summertime outdoor activities. Campers will wear three provided Camp Fasola T-Shirts for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Do not bring alcohol, illegal drugs, fireworks, firearms, or any other dangerous or illegal item.
Comfortable and appropriate clothing for your stay at camp
- T-shirts, Polo shirts (camp T-shirts will be provided for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday)
- Jeans, khakis, skirts (jeans are required for rappelling)
- Lightweight long sleeve shirt (in case of a cool night)
- Underwear and socks
- Sneakers/walking shoes/shoes for hiking/sandals
- Closed-toe shoes are required for Tomahawk Throwing, Archery, Rappelling, Climbing Wall, Ropes Course
- Appropriate swimwear – bring separate swimwear for pool and canoeing (The Vision rules: modest swimsuits with appropriate cover-ups)
- Towels, washcloth
- Bed linens are provided, including pillow
- Sacred Harp, 1991 Edition songbook
- Throat lozenges
- Insect repellant
- Notebook and pen
- Flashlight and batteries
- Plastic bag for wet clothing
- Beach towel (for swimming)
- Bookbag/backpack (optional)
- Camera (optional)
- Water bottle (optional)
- Seat cushion (optional)
Hotels are available in Huntsville near The Vision for stays before or after camp.
Scholarship/work study support for camp fees may be available based on need. Our aim is for every camper who wishes to participate in Camp Fasola to have that opportunity. Priority for scholarship support is given to campers who have multiple family members attending; who have substantial travel expenses; or who otherwise would be unable to attend without financial support.
Please complete the camp scholarship form (also accessible on the camp PDF registration form) if you require scholarship support for camp fees. We also encourage campers to seek financial support from their local Sacred Harp community.
For additional information on Youth Camp, email email@example.com.